The Press Room
Michele M. Dupey, MLIS
Public Information Officer
Jersey City Free Public Library
472 Jersey Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07302
Help for Hurricane Sandy Survivors Available at Main Library, Starting January 31
JERSEY CITY, N.J. January 29, 2013 – For those lives still turned upside, down from Hurricane Sandy, help in the form of crisis counseling referrals will be available to the public at the Jersey City Free Public Library.
Starting on Thursday, January 31, a table will be set up on the staircase landing of the first floor lobby in the Main Library, offering information referrals for anyone in need of emotional or psychological counseling, and for other types of stress management referrals so necessary in the wake of surviving a disaster.
The Mental Health Association of NJ will staff the information referral table during Regular hours of the Main Library, 472 Jersey Avenue, for a period of 60 days, from Thursday, January 31 to Saturday, April 13. The Main Library is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Thursday, and from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. Of course, table staffing will not be available when the library system is closed for holidays (Presidents’ Day, February 18; Good Friday, March 29; and Saturday, March 30).
February 2013 at the Jersey City Free Public Library
Next Library Board Meeting
Tuesday, February 12, 2013 @ 5:30 p.m.
Glenn D. Cunningham Branch Library
275 Martin Luther King Drive
Jersey City, NJ 07305
* Federal Documents, Main Library, 4th Floor, 472 Jersey Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07302, 201-547-4517 – For Adults: Osteoporosis vs. Osteoarthritis. / Presented by: The Arthritis Foundation, and Hoboken University Medical Center, Bayonne Medical Center, and Christ Hospital. / Please RSVP. Seating is limited. Light refreshments. / Tuesday, February 5 @ 1 p.m.
* Biblioteca Criolla, Main Library, 4th Floor, 472 Jersey Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07302, 201-547-4541 – Para Adultos: Fecha – Sábado, Febrero 23. Hora – 1 p.m. Documental sobre la labor de artistas que trabajan y viven en estudios de artistas ubicado en 111 First Street, Jersey City, NJ. Presenta por cineastas: BRANKO. / Introducido por Historiador Urbano David Goodwin, el autor de 111 Primero Calle: La Subida y la Muerte de una Comunidad de Artes
* Biblioteca Criolla, Main Library, 4th Floor, 472 Jersey Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07302, 201-547-4541 – For Adults: Date – Saturday, February 23. Time – 1 p.m. Documentary film on the work of the artists working and living in artists’ studios located at 111 First Street, Jersey City, NJ. Presented by filmmaker: BRANKO. / Introduced by Urban Historian David Goodwin, author of 111 First Street: The Rise and Death of an Arts Community
CAS Produces Studio 676 Programs
JERSEY CITY, N.J. January 8, 2013 – Today, The Jersey Journal released an article on NJ.com and in its print newspaper, entitled, “Jersey City music teacher , 61, charged with raping 8-year-old pupil,” and attributed Studio 676-held violin lessons and recitals to the programming from the Miller Branch Library.
The Community Awareness Series (CAS) produced the program series from Studio 676, featuring the violin lessons and recitals from Henry Granderson – a very important distinction, since no staff members from the Miller Branch Library produced those programs, nor is Mr. Granderson an employee of the Jersey City Free Public Library. Through his association with CAS, he is a vendor.
January 2013 @ the JCFPL
January 2013 at the Jersey City Free Public Library
Next Library Board Meeting
Tuesday, January 8, 2012 @ 5:30 p.m.
Five Corners Branch Library
678 Newark Avenue
Jersey City, NJ 07306
* Bonetti Children’s Room, Main Library, 1st Floor, 472 Jersey Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07302, 201-547-4519 – For Children & Families: Wiggle & Giggle Storytime! Featuring: Wiggle & Giggle Storytime is a 20-minute story time for little listeners with extra energy! Dance and giggle and learn something new with stories and rhymes picked just for little ones. / Wednesdays in January @ 11 a.m.
* Five Corners, 678 Newark Avenue, Jersey City, NJ 07306, 201-547-4543 – For Adults: Free Law Workshop. / Presented by: Omojola & Associates, PC. TOPICS: Foreclosure Defense * Bankruptcy * Immigration Law * Q&A after presentation. / Light refreshments. / Monday, January 14 / 5 – 7 p.m.
Want the Library to Come to YOU?
Schedule the Bookmobile for a Stop!
JERSEY CITY, N.J. December 18, 2012 – If you’ve ever wondered how the Bookmobile gets from one stop to another, now is your chance to sign up the mobile library branch for your school, preferably if it does not have a library within the building, organization, senior citizens housing, or business area. The Bookmobile provides service to locations that do not have a library branch within walking distance.
For the latest on programs, events, and special announcements please follow the Library on Facebook or Twitter at Jersey City Free Public Library. Visit us on the web at www.jclibrary.org for all information on the Library, including all press releases in The Press Room. As of today, Tuesday, December 18, 2012, the Jersey City Free Public Library has 221,967 valid card members.
Page 9 of 15«StartPrev12345678910NextEnd»
Main Library Closed
MAIN LIBRARY CLOSES FULL WEEK (November 24-28) due to Construction Demolition & Thanksgiving Holiday.
The Main Library & all branches will be closed Thursday, November 27 & Friday, November 28, 2014 for Thanksgiving.
The Bookmobile is off-road for the full week (Monday, November 17 to Friday, November 21, 2014).