JCFPL Digital Library
Library eBooks are now compatible with the Kindle!
Instructions on how borrow Kindle books from the library's website:
- Confirm that your local U.S. library offers Public Library Books (eBooks) for Kindle with OverDrive. You can find this information on your library's website or by contacting your local branch.
- Confirm that you have a library card account with that library, and that you know your library card PIN. Contact your library if you need to set up an account or if you don't know your PIN.
- Go to your local library website from any computer and locate the eBooks section (some libraries may call this Digital Downloads, Download Books, Digital Content or OverDrive).
- Search for and check out your Kindle book selections. When prompted, log in with your library card ID (and PIN, if required).
- Once you've checked out your title, choose Get for Kindle. You'll be redirected to Amazon.com's Public Library Loan page for that title. (You may be required to log in to your Amazon.com account -- or create a new account -- if you're not already logged in). Choose your device from the Deliver to menu, and choose Get library book to send the book to your reading app or device.
Note: Public library books require an active Wi-Fi connection for wireless delivery to a Kindle device. Library books will not be delivered via your Kindle's 3G connection. If trying to send to a Kindle device and do not have an active Wi-Fi connection, you may instead choose to load your library book via USB. Both Mac and Windows users can manage Kindle content through a USB connection.
The following types of materials can be checked out and downloaded from JCFPL Digital Library website:
- eBooks in the Adobe® Reader®/Adobe Digital Editions PDF format (eBooks optimized for on-screen reading).
- WMA Audiobooks in the OverDrive Media Console™ format.
- iPod compatible Audiobooks!
To access digital materials at the JCFPL – Digital Library, you will need:
- A valid JCFPL Library Card & PIN
*Forgot your PIN? Please send your library card number and phone number to email@example.com. We will send you your PIN after comparing your information with our records.
- Access to the Internet
- Free software for the computer and/or device on which you wish to use the material you download from this site
**Please note that digital downloads can be enjoyed at home, at work, or when you travel, but are generally not for use on the computers in your library.**